Welcome at Norse Electrical
At Norse Electrical, with our proven experience, quality is our number one priority, followed by delivery of service on time and on budget.
Our services include domestic, industrial and commercial installation and repairs
- Mandatory testing
- Lighting and LED Lighting
- CCTV Installation
- Door code entry systems
- Data cabling
- Fire alarms
- PAT Testing
- Maintenance Agreements
Inspections and Testing
At Norse Electrical we have approval to carry out electrical testing and inspection on industrial, commercial and domestic installations and to issue certificates.
There are three regularly types of certificate used :
1. Condition Report Certificate
2. Installation Certificate
3. Minor Works Certificate
1. Condition Reporting: All electrical installations, whether domestic, commercial or industrial, should be subject to a regular program of testing and inspection to ensure that they remain safe for continued use.
An electrical installation condition report (formerly known as a periodic inspection report) will reveal if electrical circuits are overloaded, find potential hazards within the installation, identify defective DIY work, highlight any lack of earthing or bonding, and provide results of any tests on the fixed wiring of the installation.
The report will establish the overall condition of all the installation, state whether it is satisfactory for continued use, and will detail any remedial work that may need to be carried out.
Condition reports are a requirement for all properties and should be carried out at the change of occupancy of any premises, or at the following intervals:
- Domestic owner-occupied properties – 10 years
- Domestic rented/ tenanted properties – 5 years
- Commercial Installations – 5 years
- Industrial Installations – 3 years
- External (on any type of property) Installations – 3 years
2. Installation Certificate: An electrical installation certificate will be issued following the installation of any new circuit within a property whether it be domestic, commercial or industrial. An installation certificate will also be issued for the replacement or upgrade of a consumer unit or distribution board.
3. Minor Works Certificate: A minor works certificate will be issued for an installation which has had any circuit modified, or extended. This is a single page document detailing the extent of the work carried out and relevant test results for the modified circuit.